Create or reproduce hand-made objects for sale and exhibition using a variety of techniques, such as welding, weaving, pottery, and needlecraft.
|Sample of Occupations in this SOC Family
27-1012.00 Craft Artists
27-1011.00 Art Directors
27-1013.00 Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators
27-1014.00 Multi-Media Artists and Animators
27-1019.99 Artists and Related Workers, All Other
27-1021.00 Commercial and Industrial Designers
27-1022.00 Fashion Designers
27-1023.00 Floral Designers
27-1024.00 Graphic Designers
27-1025.00 Interior Designers
27-1026.00 Merchandise Displayers and Window Trimmers
27-1027.00 Set and Exhibit Designers
27-1029.99 Designers, All Other
No information available.
|DOT Titles Included in this O*NET-SOC Code
- Create functional or decorative objects by hand, using a variety of methods and materials.
- Cut, shape, fit, join, mold, or otherwise process materials, using hand tools, power tools, and/or machinery.
- Attend craft shows to market products.
- Select materials for use based on strength, color, texture, balance, weight, size, malleability and other characteristics.
- Apply finishes to objects being crafted.
- Develop concepts or creative ideas for craft objects.
- Set specifications for materials, dimensions, and finishes.
- Confer with customers to assess customer needs or obtain feedback.
- Fabricate patterns or templates to guide craft production.
- Create prototypes or models of objects to be crafted.
- Sketch or draw objects to be crafted.
- Advertise products and work, using media such as internet advertising and brochures.
- Develop product packaging, display and pricing strategies.
- Research craft trends, venues, and customer buying patterns in order to inspire designs and marketing strategies.
- Develop designs using specialized computer software.
Detailed Work Activities
- recognize wood characteristics
- use power or hand tools in metals processing
- fabricate craft or art objects
- sharpen metal objects
- use precision measuring tools or equipment
- design molds
- recognize wood species characteristics
- study methods of processing, forming, or firing clays
- use hand or power woodworking tools
- use creativity to art or design work
- understand artistic crafts production methods
- fabricate model or mold for jewelry, silverware or related products
- cut or shape stone, tile, brick, or related material
- decorate using hand or power tools
- dye fabric or leather articles
- shape clay
- identify color or balance
- distinguish colors
- create art from ideas
- communicate visually or verbally
- recognize characteristics of metals
- use spot or tack welding techniques
- recognize characteristics of cloth or fabric
- cut, shape, fit, or join wood or other construction materials
- hand engrave jewelry-related products
- sketch or draw subjects or items
- hand carve objects from stone or other materials
- cut or trim fabric or leather
- understand measuring devices
- polish jewelry, silverware or related products
|You have been inactive for 3 minutes. Are you still looking at this occupation?
Clicking 'Yes' will keep you on the this page. Clicking 'No' will take you back to the DWD O*NET Work Graphics home page.
(DWD Work Graphics v3.1 Copyright ©2006 State of Indiana)